Pythagoras’ Contributions to Science and ArtJune 27, 2021
– He made contributions to mathematics and astronomy.
– The source of the relation known as the Pythagorean relation is Pythagoras.
– He demonstrated that music can be reduced to mathematical proportions and discovered the diatonic scale.
– He put forward the proposition of “harmony of the spheres”, known as “music of the spheres”, which some scientists today regard very warmly.
– He contributed to medicine with his music therapy studies.
– According to a claim, he knew that the Earth was round and was in a double movement, and he only explained these to his initiates, which played a role in the acceptance of this knowledge by passing on from generation to generation through esoteric doctrine.
Compilation: Sociologist Ömer Yıldırım
Source: History of Philosophy; prof. Macit Gokberk; Remzi Bookstore; The Story of Philosophy; Bryan Magee; Friendly Bookstore