Selected Words from Lucius Annaeus SenecaJune 27, 2021
– Life is like a fairy tale, it is not how long it is but how it is lived.
– You roll my log, I’ll roll yours…
– It’s not the quantity that matters, it’s the quality.
– If a person knows which port he wants to reach, any wind is suitable for him.
– We should strive not to live long, but to live right.
– Everything that begins ends.
The happy life is a triumph of reason and thought over passion and fear.
– We do not dare because it is difficult, on the contrary, it is difficult because we do not dare.
– Most of the time it is quality that is regular, not quantity.
Man is a rational thinking animal.
– You can discover the character of each man, if you pay attention to how he receives it when he is praised for himself.
– All art is an imitation of nature.
– The roads leading to the heights of greatness are bumpy and bumpy.
– It is useful to know even unnecessary things, rather than knowing nothing.
– Time finds the truth.
– Great wealth is great slavery.
– A well-functioning brain has an empire.
– Live among people as if your God sees you. When you pray to God, pray as if people are listening to you.
– We mortal creatures, how crazy we are.
– Openly shown hatred destroys the feeling of revenge.
– It is not the person who has very little, but the person who longs for a lot, who is poor.
– Some people live without any purpose in life. Such people are like mind-blowing straw on a river. They don’t go; but they flow away by being caught by the flow of water.
– We all talk about the brevity of life, but we don’t know how to use our free time!
– He who does not plant the tree of knowledge in his youth will not find a shade to relax in his old age.
– Mild pains can speak, but deep pains are dumb.
– O life, it is thanks to death that you are held so important.
– There is no day without pain.
– Anyone who makes a decision without listening to one side is deemed to have committed an injustice, even if he has made the right decision.
– Fate cannot take back what it has not given.
– Life is like a story; The important thing is not that the work is long, but that it is good.
– A wise man should smile even at the worst.
– Advice has a long path, for example, its path is short and effective.
– It is unnecessary to give advice to someone who knows, and insufficient to someone who does not know.
– Life is like a fairy tale, it’s not how long it is but how good it is.
– Living without books; blind, deaf and dumb.
– Those who spend their life traveling find many hoteliers; but not friendship.
– Loyalty bought with money is also sold with more money.
– The most powerful person is the one who has control over himself.
– A degenerate beauty is like a scentless violet.
– The dwarf, even if he climbs the mountain; A giant is a giant even if he enters a well.
– Communities bark at big men as little dogs bark at strangers.
– What is surprising if God severely tests noble souls? The proof of virtue is never easy. Fortune whips and crushes us, let’s endure! This is not brutality, it is a struggle; The more often we face this challenge, the braver we will be.