Subjects of Philosophy and Basic DisciplinesDecember 21, 2019
Philosophy, with its wide range of influence and interest, is one of the oldest activities of human existence that has been the source of all scientific fields.
From sports to art, from morality to politics, from language to science, all kinds of issues that concern human beings and their actions are the direct fields of interest and way of dealing with philosophy. In this context, philosophy is divided into different sub-disciplines within the framework of the subjects it deals with. In this title, we will try to explain these philosophical disciplines one by one. Because each sub-discipline, already in the broadest form of philosophy.gen.tr are available as a separate title.
1. Philosophy of knowledge (epistemology): Knowledge is one of the topics that philosophy deals with. Science deals with this. But science does not investigate what knowledge is. Philosophy investigates this. Philosophy also seeks to find out the relationship of knowledge with what it is acquired, its suitability for what it is acquired, and the measure of its appropriateness.
2. Philosophy of science : What science is, the structure of scientific thought, the functionality of scientific methods, the features of scientific results, the value of science, and so on.
3. Ontology: The branch of philosophy that deals with existence. The philosophy of existence, which deals with abstract assets such as numbers, concepts, ideas, as well as tangible assets that can be seen and tackled, is primarily concerned with the question of whether or not an asset exists. If he accepts existence, he tries to explain it through thought.
4. Metaphysics: It is a branch of philosophy that deals with subjects such as being, God, the immortality of the soul, destiny. This word has been used in various meanings throughout history . Today, it is an area that cannot be solved, many solutions can be proposed, and since it is not solved until the end, it is always an area that deals with problems that can be handled from the beginning.
5. Philosophy of Art : It is the branch of philosophy that deals with the essence and meaning of art, artistic creativity and tastes. His main topics are the art, the work of art, what is beautiful in art, the basic concepts of art and art movements.
6. Language Philosophy: The relationship between language and philosophy; examines the essence, meaning, origin and structure of language from a philosophical point of view. Investigate the connection of language with reality and consciousness. Today, some thinkers working in this field have attempted to create an artificial language that will facilitate the realization of the purpose of science.
7. Moral philosophy (ethics): It is the branch of philosophy that treats human actions as a special problem area, investigates the principles governing them and wants to find out what gereken should ”behaviors besides” what is happening “.
8. Philosophical anthropology (human ontology): It is the branch of philosophy that deals with the problems of human being, what it is, its place in the universe, conditions of existence and its connection with other beings.
9. Political philosophy: deals with issues such as how the state should be, its responsibility, the principles of law and rights and justice, and how these relate to other moral values.
10. Philosophy of religion : Belief is a need of man. Religion is concerned with this world of belief. But it does not deal with problems such as what religion is, what kind of connection between man and God. The branch of philosophy dealing with these problems is the philosophy of religion.